|7667 Enterprise Dr.|
|Denham Springs, LA 70726|
WHAT IS IT?
With an energy saving retrofit, we actually cut your lighting electricity use in half. Many buildings that were built a few years back, came with the T12 size fluorescent lamps and magnetic ballast. These are the standard lamps and ballast that have been used for years. When we retrofit, our team will actually come in during non-business hours, relamp with T8 lamps (which use less wattage), replace with electronic ballast, change the sockets to fit, clean and repair all lighting fixtures.
LMI’s group relamping service is the lowest cost approach to lighting maintenance. Group relamping assures consistent quality lighting levels, reduces electrical cost and prolongs the life of fluorescent ballasts. As with retrofitting, our team will come to your facility during non-business hours, clean, and relamp all lighting fixtures.
HOW DOES IT SAVE MONEY?
The way that retrofitting saves electricity, is based on several different factors:
1. If there are 4 T12 fluorescent lamps in a fixture and they are 4-foot lamps, they usually are about 40 watts. The Octron series lamps we use are only 32 watts for a 4-foot light. Typically we only use two Octron lamps versus 4 as the T12 uses.
2. We use 1 ballast for 2 separate fixtures, if possible (tandem wiring). The T12 uses 2 ballast for every fixture. Our 1 to 4 ballast ratio saves you money.
3. The Octron series lamps burn cool. As a result, they produce much less heat than the old T12 lamps; thus, air conditioning usage is reduced.
4. We replace most incandescent with compact fluorescent lamps. This decreases wattage use.
5. We replace exit lamps with LED replacement kits. Again, reducing electricity consumption.
DOES IT HAVE ANY DISADVANTAGES?
Not really! The only disadvantage is that during the winter, you will not get as much heat from the lighting, so the heater may run a little more. The ratio for a/c and heat for this region is about 80% a/c and 20% heater. The only other disadvantage is that we did not invent this process years ago. All new buildings are being built retrofitted.
For a retrofit contract, LMI offers a 1-year warranty on all lamps and
a 2-year warranty on all ballast. WE BELIEVE WE CAN BEAT ANY COMPETITORS’
OFFER! Call today for a free quote: (225) 273-2494 Baton Rouge area or
(888) 622-5524 for Louisiana Statewide and Southern Mississippi.
Lighting Maintenance, All Rights Reserved